The train station development is part of the Portrush Regeneration Programme which aims to enhance the image of the surrounding area and help regenerate the local town.
This is an exciting new development for the town which will provide modern facilities to cater for growing passenger numbers and contribute to the overall regeneration of the town.
The new station is due to be completed Spring 2019 ahead of the Open Golf Championship in 2019.
Features and Benefits
1. Enhanced station frontage onto Eglinton Street, creating a gateway and sense of arrival in the town.
2. Will provide modern, comfortable, passenger facilities for growing passenger numbers.
3. Modern passenger information.
4. Extended canopy coverage to platforms for a better waiting environment.
5. Enhanced cycle storage for active travel and ‘greener’ tourism links.
6. Fully accessible.
7. Better signage to local amenities and attractions.